26th Annual Research Award Process
A $20,000 prize was presented to the winner at a banquet in Washington, DC.
*Out of concern for your safety amidst the spread of COVID-19, the date of the annual awards dinner has been moved to September 8, 2020.
- Articles must have been published in a peer-reviewed journal during calendar year 2019 either in print or online. (An article cannot be submitted in more than one competition year.)
- All research articles must address some aspect of health care financing, delivery, organization or policy implementation.
- Deadline: February 3, 2020
- Entry is free
- Limit two entries per entrant
- Originality and creativity of the research
- Impact that the research may have in advancing the public policy debate or improving health care delivery and management
- Relevance to one or more of the subject areas (health care financing, delivery and organization and/or the implementation of health care policy)
- Laurence C. Baker, Professor & Chair of Health Research and Policy, Stanford University
- Tsung-Mei Cheng, Health Policy Research Analyst, Woodrow Wilson School of Public & International Affairs, Princeton University
- William Custer, Associate Professor & Director, Center for Health Services Research, Georgia State University
- Karen DeSalvo, Chief Health Officer, Google
- Sherry Glied, Dean, Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, New York University
- Vicky Gregg, Consultant
- Joseph P. Newhouse, John D. MacArthur Professor of Health Policy and Management, Harvard University
- Mark Pauly, Professor of Health Care Management & Business Economics and Public Policy, University of Pennsylvania
- Gail R. Wilensky, Senior Fellow, Project HOPE