The application window for the 10th Annual Data-Driven Storytelling Award is now closed.
Don't miss our Journalism Grants.Find Out More
10th Annual Data-Driven Storytelling Award Process
(formerly Digital Media Award)
A $20,000 prize will be presented to the winner.
Have questions about our Data-Driven Storytelling Award?Award FAQ
- Entries must originally have been published in 2023.
- Entry is limited to articles featuring digital content produced specifically for an online audience, which may include video, graphics and/or multimedia. If digital content is not central to your story, please view the eligibility criteria for our Investigative and General Reporting.
- Entries should not be largely the same as stories that ran in print publications or that were broadcast on television or radio.
- Entries must examine issues related to health or the health care system.
- Entries that express policy preferences will be considered only if supported with a citation of empirical evidence.
- Entries will be accepted from news sites, independent blogs, newspapers or journals, and blogs associated with universities or other organizations.
- Deadline: January 31, 2024.
- Entry is free
- Limit two entries per entrant
- An entry can be a series of posts as long as the posts are: linked by topic or produced by the same author or by a collaborative team of authors
- An entry can be a series of posts as long as the posts are linked by topic and the articles can be recognized as a series.
- Influential in terms of: 1. sparking policy change, 2. broadly informing the public, and/or 3. stimulating conversation on timely issues
- Effective use of the unique powers and attributes of digital media
- The digital content should be the focus of the story and the central storytelling tool.
- Logical, clear, and insightful analysis
- Uses credible evidence to substantiate ideas