Career and Internship Opportunities
NIHCM Foundation is looking for an enthusiastic team player to join our small, productive, collaborative office for Spring 2019. The Health Care Policy Intern will be responsible for assisting in the development of NIHCM deliverables, including:
- Conducting general health policy research and analysis
- Identifying and cataloguing relevant public and private sector initiatives for NIHCM’s quarterly newsletter, Population Health Spotlight
- Assisting with NIHCM’s health care journalism grants and awards process
- Supporting NIHCM’s Awards dinner
- Attending relevant DC events and Capitol Hill briefings
- Supporting general administrative duties when needed
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree (or recent graduate)
- Coursework in health policy or public health required
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to maintain focus
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Positive attitude and interest in the work
- ~20 hours per week; schedule and start and end dates are negotiable
About NIHCM Foundation
NIHCM Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to improving the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of the U.S. health care system. We support high quality research, convene diverse health care stakeholders to spark ideas, and recognize excellence in research and journalism through awards and grants. Our office is conveniently located within walking distance of the Dupont Circle and Farragut West Metro stations.
This internship is paid at $15 per hour.
Please apply by November 9, 2018.