4th Annual Digital Media Award Process
A $10,000 prize will be presented to the winner at a banquet in Washington, DC on June 5, 2018.
- Entries must originally have been published in 2017.
- Entry is limited to digital content produced specifically for an online audience, which may include video, graphics and/or multimedia.
- Entries should not be largely the same as stories that ran in print publications or that were broadcast on television or radio.
- Entries must examine issues related to health or the health care system.
- Entries that express policy preferences will be considered only if supported with citation of empirical evidence.
- Entries will be accepted from news sites, independent blogs, blogs or verticals associated with newspapers or journals, and blogs associated with universities or other organizations.
- Deadline: February 16, 2018
- Entry is free
- Limit two entries per entrant
- An entry can be a series of posts as long as the posts are
- linked by topic
- produced by the same author or by a collaborative team of authors
- Each entry should include no more than four posts, which may be a sample of a more extensive published series. The judges may review additional posts at their discretion.
- Influential in terms of 1.) sparking policy change, 2.) broadly informing the public, and/or 3.) stimulating conversation on timely issues
- Effective use of the unique powers and attributes of digital media
- Logical, clear and insightful analysis
- Uses credible evidence to substantiate ideas
- Julia Belluz, Senior Health Correspondent, Vox.com
- Christopher J. Conover, Retired health policy faculty, Duke University; contributor, The Apothecary, Forbes
- Austin Frakt, Health Economist, Department of Veterans Affairs and Boston University; Visiting Associate Professor, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health; Fellow, Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Business & Government, Harvard Kennedy School; Adjunct Senior Fellow, The Leonard Davis Institute, University of Pennsylvania; Editor-in-Chief, The Incidental Economist; regular contributor, The Upshot, The New York Times
- Matthew Holt, Co-Chairman, Health 2.0; Founder, The Health Care Blog
- Megan McArdle, Columnist, Bloomberg View
- Michael Millenson, President, Health Quality Advisors LLC; Adjunct Associate Professor of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University; contributor, Forbes & The Health Care Blog
- Alan Murray, Chief Content Officer, Time Inc. Brands, Meredith Corporation; President, Fortune
- Meredith White Former Senior Editor, Newsweek; Former Senior Producer and Executive Producer, ABC News; Former Deputy Managing Editor, San Francisco Chronicle.