NIHCM Foundation Health Care Journalism Awards
Procedures for Mailing Awards Materials
You must complete your entry form through our online system.
Portions of your entry may be mailed or delivered to NIHCM. Appropriate reasons to mail materials include:
- Your entry is for the Television and Radio Journalism Award. Our online entry system does not support the uploading of video and audio files, so you will have to mail us a DVD or CD recording of your television or radio piece or series.
- Your Print Journalism Award article(s) and/or supporting document(s) have special formatting or design that you would like the judges to see and that is not intelligible in a PDF, e.g. newspaper layout or large graphic elements.
- Only mail materials that you have not submitted online.
- You must mail the following quantities of all materials not submitted online:
- Print Journalism Award entries - send seven (7) copies
- Television and Radio Journalism Award entries - send nine (9) copies
- Clearly mark all materials with the following information:
- entrant name
- entry title
- entry code - This code is auto-generated when you begin an online submission. You will find it next to the entry title in your Submission Dashboard and under Entry Information in your entry preview screen.
- length of television or radio piece (for Television and Radio Journalism Award entries only)
- Try to mail your materials at the same time you submit your entry online. Significant delays in receiving components of your entry are problematic for our staff.
4. All mailed materials must be postmarked by February 15 (Extended to Tuesday, February 19th due to technical difficulties).
5. Mail or deliver materials to:
1225 19th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
(Please Note: All materials mailed to NIHCM will not be returned).
Return to Application Process and Rules