22nd NIHCM Foundation Health Care Print Journalism Awards
Recognizing excellence in health care reporting and writing on the financing and delivery of health care and the impact of health care policy
- Health Care Article or Series from General Circulation Publications
- Health Care Article or Series from Trade Publications
Award and Prize:
A $10,000 prize will be presented to the winner in each category at a dinner in Washington, DC on May 23, 2016.
- New insights generated by the reporting
- Impact on health care policy
- Quality of reporting
- Relevance to one or both of the subject areas (financing and delivery of health care and/or the impact of health care policy)
- Articles must originally have been published during the calendar year 2015.
- Entries will be accepted from all staff reporters and editors, as well as freelance writers for articles that appeared in a general circulation or trade publication.
- Online articles will be accepted if produced and disseminated originally on the web in affiliation with a print publication, trade publication or other investigative reporting outlet.
- Articles should be timely and produce new insights into health care financing and delivery or health care policy.
- Application Process and Rules
- Online Awards Entry System
- Entries must be submitted by February 11, 2016. EXTENDED DEADLINE February 12, 2016
- There is no fee to enter.
- Limit of three (3) entries per entrant.
- See Print Journalism Awards Frequently Asked Questions.
Winners are selected by an independent panel of journalists:
- Ceci Connolly, President and CEO, Alliance of Community Health Plans, formerly with The Washington Post
- John Iglehart, Founding Editor, Health Affairs
- Clifton Leaf, Deputy Editor, Fortune
- Laurie McGinley, Health, Science and Environment Editor, The Washington Post
- Alan Murray, Editor, Fortune
- Jeff Nesmith, former Writer, Cox Newspapers
- Fred Schulte, Senior Reporter, Center for Public Integrity